The Wandle Early Reading Showcase is a free, full day training event where senior leaders can share best practice in phonics and early reading.
At the showcase supported schools will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the proposed work and development of the Wandle English Hub
- Take part in a phonics lesson study to explore the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics and reading for pleasure through observations and discussion
- Explore the elements and importance of strong leadership
- Complete a school reflection activity to identify the strengths and improvement priorities for their own school
- Find out about access to subsequent support including applying for future funding for resources/training.
The showcase will be repeated throughout the academic year to maximise support offered to schools.
There are two funded places for this event for every school but we ask that the headteacher and phonics lead or EY/KS1 senior teacher attend to ensure maximum impact.
Early Reading Showcases have been confirmed for the following days. Click here for more information and how to apply for a place.
- Wednesday 25th September 2019
- Wednesday 9th October 2019
- Tuesday 26th November 2019
- Tuesday 21st January 2020
- Tuesday 25th February 2020
- Friday 27th March 2020
- Thursday 30th April
To register your interest in the English Hub and to be sent updates on events and courses please click here.